September 25-27, 2015: “Todd McCaffrey’s VW Masterclass: Outlining techniques for novels, stories, and screenplays”
In this intensive workshop, you will learn techniques to outline your story or novel and supercharge your work! Todd McCaffrey will lead you through the steps from story idea to outline—get your next story started! He will be joined by authors and screenwriters who will help you move your work to the next level. Elizabeth Ann Scarborough will teach “Beyond Google, Researching Reality for Fantasy Novels”
Registration opens February 15, 2015 and closes July 31, 2015. Writers age 12+ are welcome!
Authors Todd McCaffrey, Elizabeth Ann Scarborough, & more TBA
Screenwriters Bill Johnson & John Lovett, and more TBA!
When: September 25-27, 2015 (Friday evening-Sunday late afternoon)
Where: Ramada Inn, Kent, WA (22318 84th Ave S, Kent, WA 98032). Rooms are just $89 a night — ask for the “Cascade Writers” room block. Phone number: 1-253-395-4300
Accessibility: This venue is ADA accessible.[divider]
October 2015 Critique Workshop
Who: Ellen Datlow, Kat Richardson, Laura Anne Gilman, Django Wexler, and agent Lindsay Ribar!
Free! October 16, 2015 Friday, author signing at University Bookstore, Seattle.
When: October 17, 2015 for one day. October 18, 2015 for one day. Or both!
Where: Ramada Inn, Kent, WA.
What: Critique of a story or novel chapter, classes, & more!
Cost: $135 per day, or $250 for both.
Details: Critique of a story or novel chapter, Q&A and intensive discussion with industry pros. Registration opens March 1, 2015. Writers 18+ may attend. Seats in critique workshops are limited to 8 per group.
Accessibility: ADA accessible
Author Event: On Friday, October 16 at 7 PM there will be an author reading/signing that is FREE and open to the public at the University Bookstore at the U District location.
Program for October
- Oct. 16 Friday – 7-8 PM Ubooks free & open to the public.
- Oct. 17 Sat. — 9AM-1PM Critiques (groups of 8) with Kat Richardson & Ellen Datlow
- Oct. 17 Sat. 1-2:30 PM lunch
- Oct. 17 Sat. 2:30-3:30 PM — Q& A with Ellen Datlow
- Oct. 17 Sat. 3:30-4:30 PM — Panel with Django Wexler, Laura Anne Gilman, Lindsay Ribar
- Oct. 17 Sat. 4:30-6:00 PM – Olympia room – Panel with Django Wexler, Laura Anne Gilman
- Oct. 17 Sat. 4:30-6:00 PM — Kent room – Pitches with Lindsay Ribar
- Oct. 18 Sunday 9AM-1 PM – critiques with Django Wexler & Laura Anne Gilman
- Oct. 18 Sunday 1-2:30 PM – lunch
- Oct. 18 Sunday 2:30-4:30 PM – Panel with Ellen Datlow, Kat Richardson, Lindsay Ribar. Laura Anne Gilman, Django Wexler
- Oct. 18 Sunday 4:30-6:00 PM – Pitches with Lindsay Ribar
April 16-17, 2016 – The Business and Craft of Writing
Who: Chuck Wendig, Mark Henry, Spencer Ellsworth, and agents Sara Megibow and Jennifer Azantian.
When: April 16, 2016 for one day –or— April 17, 2016 for one day –or—both!
Where: Ramada Inn, Kent, WA
What: Expect anything! Pitch to agents — Sara Megibow will take pitches for both finished and unfinished manuscripts. Her interests are: Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, Romance, Erotica, Science Fiction, Fantasy.
Cost: $135 each day, or $250 for both.
Details: Registration opens September 1, 2015. Writers 18+ may attend.
Accessibility: ADA accessible.