We’re getting a lot of interest in the 2013 workshop. Here are some of the most asked questions (for more, just go to the FAQs page):
Q. What’s in it?
A. We’ve already got a dozen classes scheduled for Friday and Saturday, along with a “Stories on the Fly” session on Thursday, and a special LGBT panel on Sunday. And more is in the works! Here’s the tentative list so far:
- Thursday evening
Stories on the fly
- Evolutionary Stages of a Genre Writer — Randy Henderson
- What an Editor Wants — Patrick Swenson, Claire Eddy, Cory Skerry, Keffy RM Kehrli
- Residential Workshops — Patrick Swenson, Randy Henderson, Nisi Shawl, Keffy RM Kehrli
- Graphic Design Advice for DIY Authors — Cory Skerry
- Breaking the Rules — Cameron McClure
- What an Agent Wants — Spencer Ellsworth & Cameron McClure
- Pitch Practice — Spencer Ellsworth
- Your Sentences Suck — Spencer Ellsworth
- Dialect & Dialogue — Nisi Shawl
- WordPress, Social Media & Blogging — Bob Dunn
- Critique Groups – How to Find & Run One — Tom Wright, Rebecca Birch, Cory Skerry
- Sex in Ficton – Cory Skerry
- LGBT Panel — Cory Skerry, Keffy RM Kehrli
Q. How much does it cost?
A. We will have two registration options for 2013.
- For $125 you can attend all classes.
- For $245 you can attend all classes, participate in Milford-style workshop critiques, and have a pitch session with Cameron McClure.
Both options include time to participate in on-site writing groups.
Q. Can I make payments on my registration fee?
A. We are willing to work with you and establish partial or monthly payments. Contact Karen for info.